The world has several burning problems that need our immediate attention
- Climate change
- Black lives matter
- The rights of LGBTQ people
- A global pandemic
- Skyrocketing inflation
- An economic crisis
- Abortion rights
- Corruption in our home country
We are led to believe that we are criminals to not take a stand on any of these issues – much like apathetic bystanders at a crime scene.
Yet, we all battle burning problems of a different kind everyday.
- To be kind and friendly during a hard day at work
- To eat healthy, exercise and get enough sleep
- To learn and master a new skill
- To start and sustain good conversations
- To be a good listener
- To realize our own potential
The problems in the second list don’t make it to the headlines. But these problems are the more important ones for a singular reason – we have direct agency over them. We can do something today – right in this moment – to start solving them.
The world helps those who help themselves. In turn, those who help themselves also help the world.